photo of control room operatorDon't tie up the Line - THINK! Before you dial 999

Each year our Force Communications Centre receives over 100,000 emergency and over 400,000 non-emergency calls.


Every false or inappropriate 999 call to North Wales Police takes up precious time and prevents someone who really needs our immediate help from getting through to us, so please think twice before calling our emergency number.


In the past, people have dialled 999 for the most absurd reasons. One man called us to make a complaint about BT, and another to tell us that his son was refusing to go to bed! We’ve had 999 calls about wheelie bins, parking tickets, and even prescriptions not being delivered. 
These are not police matters, and certainly not emergencies.


We take the implications of hoax and malicious calls very seriously. Making hoax calls to any emergency service is a criminal offence, and we do have powers to prosecute people for misusing the 999 system. People found to be consistently making hoax calls are highly likely to face prosecution.


We would encourage you to call 999 when:

  • A life is in danger or someone is being physically threatened, or if you are witnessing a crime happening at the time, or think the offenders are still nearby.
  • You witness or are involved in a serious road traffic collision where someone is badly injured, or when vehicles are causing an obstruction or danger to other road users.


telephone iconOtherwise please call our non-emergency number – 101, after considering other ways in which you can make contact or find the support you need.








Don’t forget – other ways to make contact or find the support you need.

There are a number of other ways in which you can access North Wales Police to get the information you need, or other partner organisations who may be better placed to help depending on your issue. We urge you to consider these before calling us, and help us to make the most of our resources to ensure a safer North Wales.


Use the Search facility on our website
to find information on a range of topics


Visit our Advice & Support section
for advice on how to keep yourself, your family, your community and your property secure, plus information on road safety and ways to reduce the risk of crime.


If you are concerned about Anti-Social Behaviour

The police might not always be best placed to deal with your complaint, for example if the issue is noise nuisance, abandoned cars or problems with your neighbours. Often your local council or housing association will be able to provide the support you need.
Click here for a list of partners who may be able to help you.


There are other ways to contact us too, please click on an icon below:


email graphic happy graphic unhappy graphic web feedback graphic

By email

  Happy with the service?

Unhappy with the service?

Comment on the website

find us graphic neighbourhood graphic hate crime graphic  General Avaiation Report Image

Find us

Your local team

Report a Hate Crime

General Aviation Report (GAR)