I want an update on my case
What can I expect?
Victims of a notifiable criminal offence are entitled to services from the police in accordance with the Code of Practice for Victims of Crime.
Having recorded your crime, we will:
- Tell you if there is not going to be an investigation into the crime within 5 days of your reporting it
- Give you an opportunity to make a Victim Personal Statement (VPS) at the same time as giving an evidential witness statement
- Give you a copy of the local 'Victims of Crime' leaflet, or make sure you have access to one
- Refer your details to Victim Support. This will not apply if you are a victim of domestic abuse, a sexual offence, vehicle crime or a minor criminal damage. Victims of domestic abuse and sexual offences will be offered specialist support.
- Keep you updated on a monthly basis, or according to our Contract Agreement until the case is closed
- Tell you if there is a possibility that the case may be reviewed at a later date and ask you if you want to be informed of any reviews
During the course of an investigation, we will tell you:
- If someone is arrested
- If we release a suspect with no further action being taken, as well as explaining the reasons to you
- When we release a suspect on bail, as well as letting you know if there are any bail conditions and when those conditions are altered
- About any decision we take to charge or not to charge a suspect
We aim to tell you about these things within 24 hours of them occurring.
I haven't received an update as above
We're sorry. If you have not received an update from the Investigating Officer and are unable to contact them through the details given to you, please complete the form below.
What will happen?
- Your form will be delivered to the Managed Resource Unit (MRU) within our Control Room
- The MRU supervisor will attempt to contact you within 24 hours of receiving your form, and will make every effort to resolve your issue at that time
- If the supervisor cannot resolve the matter themselves, they will inform you of what action they intend to take to resolve it
- If the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can request to make a formal complaint
- Within 10 working days of this request, your complaint will be forwarded to the Professional Standards Department who will consider it and make a recording decision in accordance with the Police Reform Act 2002
- The Professional Standards Department will contact you to tell you what will happen next
North Wales Police Dissatisfaction Form
If you prefer, you can download and complete the form as a PDF.
Please return the completed form to email@example.com