I want to seek compensation for something North Wales Police has done

Please write to: 

Head of Legal Services
North Wales Police
Glan Y Don
Colwyn Bay
LL29 8AW

Please include the following information:

  • Your full name and contact details
  • Your case/report reference number (if applicable)
  • Details of the circumstances, and the reasons why you are seeking compensation
  • The name or number of any officer or staff member involved

We will reply with a reference number and the name, telephone number and email address of the lawyer, claims handler or other person dealing with your claim.

We ask claimants to provide full details of their claim, and to allow us a reasonable time to investigate thoroughly and negotiate before commencing proceedings. Claims without merit are robustly defended.

The Head of Legal Services for North Wales Police is a solicitor and is authorised to accept service of all civil proceedings, including judicial review, third party disclosure and other civil claims, on behalf of the Chief Constable of North Wales Police. All proceedings should therefore be sent to the above address.