What we spend and how we spend it
- Annual Statement of Accounts (links to North Wales PCC website)
- Force Budget (links to North Wales PCC website)
- Medium Term Financial Plan
- Police pay scales (links to external site)
- Police Conditions of service (links to Police Federation website)
- Police Regulations (links to Police Federation website)
Chief Officer expenses
Contracts and Procurement
North Wales uses the national Bluelight Emergency Services e-tendering site to provide details of contracts. This includes the duration and value of contracts, who contracts have been awarded to and brief information as to the nature of the contract. Copies of future invitations to tender and contract documents are also published. To view this site - please click here: https://bluelight.eu-supply.com/.
Copies of contracts with a total value exceeding £10,000 are available on request, subject to the redaction of operationally or commercially sensitive information. Requests for such contracts will be considered on an individual basis and anyone wishing further information should contact the Procurement Department, North Wales Police by dialling 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once on the Bluelight website:
- Click "Awarded Contracts" in the box on the left headed "Supplier Area"
- This will take you to a page headed "Current Contracts Visible For Freedom Of Information"
- Use the "Organisation" drop down menu to select "North Wales Police"
- Use the "Categories" and "Sub-Categories" drop down menus to narrow your search (optional)
- Click "Search"
Use of Resources
- Evaluation of Police use of resources.
- HMIC website (Opens the HMIC website).
List of regulations that Police forces are subject to. This information is found on the the Police and Crime Commissioner website.
Expenditure over £500
North Wales Police and the Police and Crime Commissioner are committed to delivering an open and transparent service whenever possible, including how and where tax payers’ money is spent.
This page presents the financial records of our expenditure and is updated monthly. Cost, supplier and transaction information is included for all invoices over £500 net of VAT.
It is in the interest of our commitment to protecting the communities that we serve by preventing and detecting crime, that certain information will not be disclosed.
Information has therefore been excluded from publication where:
- its disclosure of information would breach the Data Protection Act 1998; or
- the information would attract an exemption under the Freedom of Information Act, including personal information and information withheld for security reasons or criminal investigations; or
- the information relates to the protection of vulnerable adults or children; or
- the information concerns investigative methods, intelligence or the use of related operational techniques.
Data is redacted wherever possible to prevent breach of any other legislation or lead to a significant risk to a third party, and is disclosed. Where redacting will not avoid a significant risk of breaching legislation then the data is not disclosed. Some items might be less than £500 but they are included as they are part of an invoice that is greater than £500.
Freedom of Information Unit
Freedom of Information Unit,
North Wales Police Headquarters,
Email: Freedom of Information Unit