Lost and Found Property

North Wales Police is committed to ensuring items of lost property are reunited with their owners as we appreciate how disappointing and upsetting it is to lose an item that may hold sentimental or monetary value.

We also recognise a number of government authorities and lost property registration agencies now help the public report items of lost and found property as they are better placed than the police service to do so.

To that end the information on this site is designed to help and sign-post you to report your lost item to the correct authority. For further information download the Pdficon Small Lost Property Guide or the Pdficon Small Found Property Guide.

If you have been directed to report lost property to the police by your insurance company or service provider please download the Pdficon Small Lost Property Insurance Notice which confirms that North Wales Police no longer provides reference numbers in these circumstances.

If you lose or find items on private property or on public transport (as listed below), you should contact the operator of the premises or transport. In the majority of such circumstances the Police will not be able to assist you.

  • Licence premises (pubs, nightclubs).
  • Private premises (house, hotel, hostel).
  • Taxi's and minicabs.
  • Public transport (trains, buses, ferries).
  • Business premises (shops, supermarkets).
  • Educational premises (schools, universities, colleges).

North Wales Police will deal with certain items where they have been lost or found in public places. This includes items dropped in the street, or left on a public bench, etc. If you have lost an item, we recommend that you retrace your steps and make enquiries in the area(s) it may have been misplaced.

If you lose or find any item which is dangerous and could cause risk of harm, you should contact the Police immediately.

Reporting Lost Property

If you need to report a LOST item described in the Pdficon Small Lost Property Guide as an item for which North Wales Police will accept a report:



Reporting Found Property

If you FIND property you should in all cases make reasonable enquiries to trace the owner.

If you need to report or hand over a found item to North Wales Police which meets the criteria described in the Pdficon Small Found Property Guide Guide: