Consider use of accommodation sites before making the call

North Wales Police, Denbighshire County Council and Conwy County Borough Council are reminding residents that some caravan sites, hotels and guest houses in the region may be accommodating key workers or vulnerable people during the current coronavirus outbreak.

Reports have been received that some of these locations are still being used in both counties, but Councils have the ability to agree exemptions to allow certain groups of people to live in these locations on a temporary basis.

Councillor Mark Young, Denbighshire’s Cabinet Lead Member for Safer Communities, said: “We applaud the fact that people are being vigilant and want to do the right thing for the health and well-being of local residents and communities.  The majority of these locations should be closed, but in some cases, it has been agreed for them to provide temporary accommodation.

Cllr Charlie McCoubrey, Conwy’s Cabinet Member for Housing and Regulatory, said:  “Most people are taking the advice to stay at home and to maintain social distancing seriously, and in doing so are helping to keep our local communities safe. But where there are concerns, I’d urge people to consider the circumstances before they make a report.”

Sgt Beth Jones said: “We understand that people are concerned in the current situation, as a result we are working with our partners to ensure the public have an easy to follow reporting method.  By reporting these concerns directly to the council they will be dealt with by the right authority quickly and will reduce the demand on the Police control room for non-policing matters. We would like to thank the public for their support and understanding during these unprecedented times.”

If you are concerned that these businesses are operating without prior agreement of the Councils, they should contact Conwy County Borough Council on 01492 574000 or 0300 123 3079 outside normal working hours or Denbighshire County Council on 01824 706000 or 0300 123 30 68 outside normal office hours.


If you think that a shop or a business is open to the public in contravention to Government guidelines or is not operation safe distancing regulations then again please contact the appropriate Council.


If you see a gathering of people who are not from members of the same family or currently living together either in a public place or at a private venue then please notify North Wales Police immediately on 101.