Why be a Police Cadet?
Why should I join the cadets?
Our cadets join us for lots of reasons. As well as having fun and meeting new people, it's also a great way to:
- Gain new skills and experience
- Learn about policing
- Make a difference in your local community
- Take part in all kinds of activities - from patrolling local events, to charity walks, to karting or caving
Young people are sometimes portrayed in a bad light in the media. Being a cadet is a chance for you to show the positive contribution you can make to your community.
What skills will I gain?
Being a cadet can help you develop these skills:
- Problem solving
- First aid
- How to plan and deliver a presentation
- CV, interview and application form techniques
Will it help me join the police?
As a cadet you'll get a great insight into the police and the work we do, but it is not a direct path to joining.